Management 101: To measure how well (or poorly) you are doing you must monitor your performance. These weekly recaps aim to capture:
1. Blog stats
2. Things I have learnt
3. Things I would like to learn
The above is the stats as of 10 September, for last 10 days with 1 new post per day, starting with my first serious post. Don't fully quite understand what all the figures mean yet, maybe a pro analyzer can read more into them than me. All I see is 84 unique visitors. Yay my founding 84 Readers! You complete me. Please subscribe to my RSS feed (or Follow) for insightful, controversial, hopefully helpful posts daily.
Let's keep moving.
Things I have learnt:
- jump breaks help with Post View Count tracking and also with keeping front page tidy (thanks Bree)
- be respectful of (and to) all readers (Foo)
- the blog should have a purpose, which should be shared with readers (thanks Gevlon)
- agree on a posting schedule and let readers know (Gevlon again)
- have an opinion (GG)
- dont rush posts (GG)
- Google Analytics is great for getting a crapload of blog stats
Things I would like to learn:
- how to make this blog more workplace friendly ie so you the Reader wont get fired if you get caught sneaking a quick read
- how to make Posts autosize widths like Greedygoblin's does when you shrink or expand the browser window
- what feedburner does and can do (only just registered, hopefully should have some fun stats in the next few days)
To be honest I have no idea how to monitor blog performance, is there other stats you would prefer to see instead? Yes I am not tracking my own views.
Lastly, if you are one of my 84 Readers please post a Hi! Don't be shy, Critical promises not to bite. I would just like to personally thank you for reading my blog, that's all.
After intensive surveying and sending out thousands of questionnaires and collating answers (no not really), here are (in quick fire format)...
Critical has been thinking about this for a while since the Gold Queen's first RL post , and after that the daily bombardments of gold p...
Critical may be grumps but a plea for help is a plea for help.
If you dont ask you wont receive, that's one of Critical's mottos. Because you asked how do you correctly wall with TSM (well not r...
Gold Two : [ the Y-wings are running the gauntlet toward the Death Star reactor-port ] The guns - they've stopped! Gold Five : [ realiz...
The sudden spate of glyphing posts on TUJ is making Critical itchy. Twitchie's 2 character post makes Critical super itchy. W...
Last week Critical managed to sort out his sales data and finally figured out the actual worst selling 28 glyphs of all time. Holywarrior ...
Well actually I just made that catchy title up. Glyph walls are the bomb though. Remember Undercutting was the new kid on the block and anyo...
Stats for the 7 days ending 28 July 2012:
Hola Critical Fans. As promised here is the unbiased Critical review of Croda's Incription Guide Paid Version herein lovingly referr...